The Ireland Funds Canada Grants
Eligibility for The Ireland Funds Canada (IFC) Grant
Our preference is to support charities where a small grant can make a big difference. The Ireland Funds Canada’s over 30 years of experience and common sense approach to reviewing funding applications make us the ideal Canadian solution for philanthropy in Ireland and to Irish charities in Canada.
Rules for Grant Eligibility
Only the following are eligible for funding:
- registered charities;
- registered national arts service organizations;
- housing corporations in Canada set up exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged;
- under proposed legislation, for gifts made after May 8, 2000, municipal or public bodies performing a function of government in Canada;
- the United Nations and its agencies;
- universities outside Canada with a student body that ordinarily includes students from Canada
- charitable organizations outside Canada to which the Government of Canada has made a gift during the donor’s taxation year, or in the 12 months immediately before that period
- Grants will not be made to individuals or sport teams
- Only organizations within Ireland, North and South, and Canada are eligible to apply.
- Grants will not be made to organizations for projects which have been completed, nor for the repayment of debt.
- Successful applicants will be requested to supply progress reports on how the grant has been applied.
- Successful applicants will be requested to supply a copy of the organization’s Constitution or Memorandum of Articles of Association and the most recent set of Audited Accounts.
- Organizations must be willing to host project visits.
Please note – grants will only be awarded on an annual basis, usually within the first quarter.