Overview of The Ireland Funds Grant making
Over the last 40 years, The Ireland Funds has supported over 3,200 non-profit organizations across the island of Ireland working in the areas of Arts & Culture, Community Development, Education and Peace & Reconciliation.
In addition to facilitating a significant number of Donor Advised Grants, The Ireland Funds also operate two competitive grant rounds each year—the Small Grant Round and the Flagship Grant Round. We also provide non-financial support including grant workshops, fundraising advice and training.
2019 Grant Round
We are currently updating our grant round processes and timeline for 2019. Details will be announced at the beginning of March 2019. Please check back here for updates.
The Flagship Grant Round
Details of The Ireland Funds Flagship Grant Round will be announced in March 2019.
- The Ireland Funds Flagship Grant Round provides grants for core funding, capacity building or programme costs for non-profit organisations working within one of our key programme areas
- The Flagship Grant investment is a highly competitive funding round and successful Flagship grantees will receive multi-annual funding of up to €/£100,000 over a two year period.
- The purpose of this round is to improve the quality and sustainability of existing programmes, or to help scale initiatives that are already having an impact.
Flagship Grants Overview
The Small Grant Round
Details of The Ireland Funds Small Grant Round will be announced in March 2019.
The Small Grant Round supports non-profit and community organizations across the island of Ireland and Northern Ireland. This fund offers grant funding under €7,000/£7,000 for smaller community organizations and for organizations that have not previously been supported by The Ireland Funds.
Grants Workshops and Feedback
Details of The Ireland Funds Grant Workshops will be announced in March 2019.
The Ireland Funds support non-profit organisations by delivering grants workshops in locations around Ireland and Northern Ireland. These workshops are particularly beneficial for organisations that are new to The Ireland Funds. Workshops are free to attend and cover:
- The Ireland Funds’ grant-making process
- Our programme areas and funding priorities
- Examples of strong versus weak applications
- Tips on what makes a competitive application for both funding rounds
Donor Advised Grants
The majority of grants are made possible through Donor Advised Grants, whereby donors are introduced to projects by The Ireland Funds that match their interests.
If your organization has questions about Donor Advised Grants, please contact our Grants Team representative, Ciara McConnell.