Job Title: Grants Administrator
The Ireland Funds is seeking to hire a Grants Administrator to start as soon as possible. The Grants Administrator will be responsible for a significant portfolio of grant making activities and will work alongside the Grants Team.
About The Ireland Funds
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education, and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. With chapters in 12 countries, The Ireland Funds has raised over $600 million for deserving causes in Ireland and beyond, benefiting more than 3,200 different organizations.
In addition to facilitating a significant number of Donor Advised Grants, The Ireland Funds also operates competitive Grant Rounds each year — most recently the Heart of the Community Fund. We also coordinate several programme initiatives (No Mind Left Behind and The Ireland Funds Business Plan Competition) as well as providing non-financial support including grant workshops, fundraising advice, and training.
Reporting: The Grants Administrator will report directly to the Grants Manager
Term: Initial 6-month contract with possibility of extension
Salary: For information on salary range, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The main responsibilities of the Grants Administrator will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitation of all grants: offering grants in writing, preparing grant contracts, and monitoring all grants offered.
- Collection and review of audited accounts and governing documents from organisations.
- Carrying out due diligence with new organisations once a potential funding source has been identified by ensuring conformity with all application requirements, guidelines, and criteria.
- Payment of grants by electronic bank transfer.
- Liaising with global Ireland Funds offices and notifying them when grants are offered/paid and ensuring all grant statuses are up to date.
- Requesting additional information from organisations when required.
- Liaising with organisations in receipt of funding to ensure that they are completing Grantee Reports to fulfil IRS requirements.
- Organising and reviewing applications received and preparing recommendations for the board.
- Compiling lists of all new grants requiring board approval.
- Running grant reports and analysis when required.
Donor Advised Grants
Dealing with all initial queries regarding Donor Advised Grants and working closely with global staff of The Ireland Funds in the preparation of proposals for donors.
- Acting as the main point of contact for new enquiries from grantees.
- Dealing with all queries regarding competitive Grant Rounds, Programmes, Donor Advised Grants and working closely with global colleagues.
- Reviewing guidelines, processes, and timeframes for Grant Rounds.
- Dealing with queries regarding Grant Rounds.
- Recording and entering relevant information on Salesforce.
- Organising, evaluating, and reviewing all applications received and preparing recommendations for the board.
- Setting up / authorising grant payments.
- Assisting with updating and data cleaning the current CRM system.
- Updating existing information and entry of new information to Salesforce with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Representing The Ireland Funds occasionally at events around Ireland.
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Experience in using a CRM system (Salesforce)
- Experience in using online survey tools
- General understanding or overview of the charitable sector in Ireland
- Knowledge of best governance practices and compliance
- Experience in research and proposal writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisation skills
- Works well as a self-starter, but also as part of a team
APPLY by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com