Communications Executive – Ireland – fixed term maternity cover
The Ireland Funds is seeking to hire a Communications Executive to cover maternity leave, starting at the beginning of August 2021. With an office in Dublin but the opportunity to work remotely, the Communications Executive will be responsible for enhancing The Ireland Funds’ communications in Ireland and helping to strengthen communications globally.
This will be a fulfilling and worthwhile opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting: The Communications Executive will report directly to the Director Ireland / Chief Communications Officer
Term: 12-month contract
Salary range: For information on salary range, contact Nicki at email@example.com.
Apply with CV and Letter of Application to Nicki at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7, 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties (Communications)
Working closely with the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), management teams and colleagues to shape the organisation’s image and stories as well as the appropriate methods to communicate them to stakeholders. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Developing on-brand material to be distributed via social media, website, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels.
- Working with the Grants team to effectively communicate the impact of The Ireland Funds grant making.
- Overseeing the production of video projects, including identifying stories of impact to be told, filming logistics, attending shoots, and coordinating post-production.
- Working with the Grants team to select and brief projects to be featured in Connect Magazine as well as managing site visits and the editing process, in collaboration with the CCO and Grants Manager.
- Creating stylish presentations and sponsorship proposals to assist the work of Directors and fundraisers.
- Collaborating with the CCO during the annual Conference, Young Leader Summit, and other events to communicate messaging such as good news stories, honourees, and speakers etc.
- Overseeing and contributing to the production of the Annual Report and newsletters.
- Contributing content to global events when necessary.
- Working with the organisation’s PR team as needed.
- Managing production of the annual Conference App.
- Generally ensuring that messaging aligns with key organisation strategies.
- Anything else that might arise.
Responsibilities and Duties (Events, virtual and in-person)
- Working alongside global colleagues to create materials needed for a wide range of virtual events.
- Working with chosen vendor to build fundraising auctions run at various events throughout the year.
- Managing event auctions from start to finish to ensure smooth running and maximum impact.
- Creating on-brand visual material such as slides and project images etc. for each event.
- Designing and producing any promotional material such as menus, pledge cards, signage etc., making sure that branding is maximised, and key stakeholders are satisfied.
- Be present for and work with the team at occasional events around Ireland.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience working in a communications or events role, or similar.
- Creativity and an eye for design, with knowledge of design tools such as Canva.
- Excellent writing skills
- Works well as a self-starter, but also as part of a team
- Experience in using a CRM system (Salesforce)
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programmes, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Teams. Use of OneDrive and SharePoint an advantage but not essential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Full clean driver’s license and access to a car ideal, but not essential.