Event Associate / Development Assistant
This position will provide support to the New England Director and Vice President of Development to develop, support and maintain programs and activities consistent with securing philanthropic support for The Ireland Funds. The position will assist in the production of fundraising events and receptions from conception through completion. This position is based in Boston.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and managing all aspects of fundraising events and receptions.
- Select venues, negotiate contracts, develop budgets, collaborate with internal departments to coordinate all printed, billing, and revenue-tracking materials and work with various vendors and volunteers to organize fundraising events and manage stewardship follow-up with donors.
- Maximize event effectiveness within budgetary guidelines.
- Assist efforts to grow and organize the New England Young Leaders Program including identification, qualification, and recruitment of new members.
- Assist in identification and relationship management of prospects and donors including scheduling local visits and regional trips and tracking of results.
- Prepare materials for prospect meetings and event committee meetings.
- Prepare correspondence and assist in all administrative duties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in event planning
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment and multi-task to meet fast-paced deadlines
- Highly organized with strong communication skills and the ability to work under pressure, experience in database management, management reports, and spreadsheets.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences or equivalent training/experience
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dedicated team and the premier Irish diaspora organization. If you can see yourself in this job and the opportunity of this role excites you, please submit your resume with cover letter to email@example.com