Job Specification: Financial Controller – Part time / Flexible
This position is filled – Thank you.
The Ireland Funds is seeking to hire a Financial Controller. This role will be office-based in Dublin and is Part Time with flexible hours. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the overall financial management of The Ireland Funds in Ireland in line with company/charity compliance and regulatory standards.
The position will work closely with The Ireland Funds’ Finance Committee to maintain a coherent picture of The Ireland Funds’ financial profile including involvement in preparation and review of management and annual statutory accounts.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Director Ireland and The Finance Committee in Ireland
Dependent on experience – negotiable
Please submit applications by Friday, 15th November 2019 at 5pm to Nicki on email@example.com
About The Ireland Funds
The Ireland Funds in Ireland is part of the global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. www.irelandfunds.org
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Timely and accurate preparation of management accounts, financial statements, annual report and liaising with auditors; preparation of committee budget reports, grant reports, cash forecasts etc.
- Assist with tendering and procurement procedures in relation to any capital expenditure.
- Review financial reports and seek ways to reduce costs.
- Prepare Financial Manual for all aspects of The Ireland Funds Finance as directed.
- Apply and account for corporate donations and other grants in conjunction with The Ireland Funds’ Director Ireland.
- Administer approved Grants.
- Complete monthly payroll.
- The Ireland Funds’ Insurance – manage renewal of policy together with The Ireland Funds’ Director Ireland.
- Attend Finance Committee meetings as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by the Finance Committee.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Accounting Technician/CPA qualified.
- Experience in financial governance for charities and/or familiarity with SORP
- Knowledge of AccountsIQ, expert knowledge of Excel and excellent knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively and confidently at all levels, strong organisational skills and time management.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative, as well as integrating with a team and adding value.
- Previous experience of working in a charity and/or experience of volunteering or working with volunteers is an advantage