Administrative Assistant – May 2019
The position performs administrative support activities for senior level managers. The position assists in fundraising events and receptions from conception through completion. Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, managing calendars, making travel, meeting and event arrangements, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing.
This position is based in Boston.
- Manage all administrative responsibilities for the Boston office (including answering phones, ordering supplies, etc)
- Assist the Development team with planning, coordinating and managing all aspects of fundraising events and receptions
- Act as point of contact between clients and staff
- Prepare reports, emails and other non-routine correspondence
- Establish and maintain information files
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects
- Create and develops visual presentations, charts, tables, graphs and business plans, and proposals as needed
- Maintain and update records in Salesforce
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum three years of administrative assistant experience
- Proactive and motivated, able to take initiative, creative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Exceptional attention to detail, reliability, organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Professional demeanor and telephone acumen
- Event coordination experience a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
About The Ireland Funds
The Ireland Funds is a global philanthropic network established in 1976 to promote and support peace, culture, education and community development throughout the island of Ireland, and Irish-related causes around the world. With chapters in 12 countries, The Ireland Funds has raised over $600 million for deserving causes in Ireland and beyond, benefiting more than 3,200 different organizations.
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com (no phone calls please).